Age: 20 years young
Status: Happily In Love <3
Living in: Southern Ontario Canada,
From: Irving Texas, USA.
Music.:.Randomosity.:.Friends.:.My Boo .:. Sketching.:. Tattoos.:. Tumblr.:. Netflix.:.Volleyball.:.Tea.:.Photography.:.Love.:.Food.:.Hockey.:.Soccer.:.Texas.:
Our alumni is currently a finalist in Brave New Voices 2014. We are honored to have been part of such an amazing young woman’s journey. Rhiannon is now tackling social justice issues and we couldn’t be more proud.
Talk. A lot.
Go on and on and on and on and on
You do not have to stay calm, all day, everyday,
Go on, cry.
Grieve, feel pain.
Listen to the heart you have that is cracking and begging to be listened to.
That kind of pain isn’t something surgeons can cut away.
Give the your wounds some attention,
Let it bleed first
Make it scab
Lend it some time to make it’s mark
Then cover it up.
Do not deprive yourself of your humanity
Do not deprive yourself from growth either,
i) i can’t remember the last time i was happy. i think i lost it somewhere in your eyes, in between the beautiful words that flow from your lips, because when i’m near you everything kind of drifts away and i’m not entirely sure how i should feel but i know that you’re too good to be meant for me.
ii) someone once told me that they think i have used myself up, loving you. sometimes i thought i agreed, but every time you smile i find new reasons to keep fighting and i know exactly what you are tonight because my heart has been in your hands for a very long time.
iii) i have the habit of typing a pretty bow around you with words. you are a thunderstorm, a galaxy, a skyline, the sky. no matter what you do, i still transform you into the greatest masterpiece. in truth, you are a person, but i have hidden that with words because i have often thought that maybe if i stitched you up with metaphors, that you would feel less real, and the ache in my gut might have lessened. i was wrong.
iv) i would break my bones over and over again to fill the places in you that have been emptied by sadness."
they can never be satisfied unless we swallow
they love it when we’re choking on their masculinity - gargling, taking in everything they shove down our throats
they hold their sweaty hands over our mouths - “shut up, bitch” - and call this “anti-feminism”
they tell us we’ve fabricated rape culture, because
“not all men are rapists”
but this is more than just carnal violation
this is more than just violence through sex
more than the blood shed between unwilling thighs
more than rigid flesh tearing through the innocence of a virgin, suppressing her cries in the glory of his orgasm
because rape is not always physical
they shove their catcalls and unwanted sexual advances down our throats, and call them “compliments”
you don’t have to like it
take it, bitch.
and thank me for it too, where’s your decorum?
oh dear, how dare we forget our manners?
so we do what women are expected to do -
- we get on our knees and swallow
and now we’re nothing but a pair of boobs
an ass to grope
a convenient parking space for some entitled man’s penis
but what if we spit instead?"
Dads shouldn’t have to tell their daughters not to go out at night. Dads should just teach their sons better.
If you do not teach;
everyone in between,
That rape is not something you should ever to unto another.
That you better be standing behind the victims, supporting them in their cases in court, supporting them in their lives, helping them to put this all behind, and making sure the asshole (and chick’s can be assholes too) goes away for his crime.
If you aren’t doing that, then I have no respect for you.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her."
Theme By Venoms